Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Thematic Appropriateness at the RNC

At the RNC, they fill time between speakers (non prime-time) with knock-off artists doing covers. For example, a woman introduced as a "model, actress, and a champion long-board surfer" sang "I Got the Music In Me". That song begins:

Ain't got no trouble in my life,
No foolish dream to make me cry.
I'm never frightened or worried,
I know I'll always get by.


Now here is a song which apparently tells it all: Republicans aren't foolish enough to dream, they're happy to just muddle through.

The song goes on, later, to say:


I got words in my head so I say them
Don't let life get me down
Catch a hold of my blues and just play them.


So, again, we have Republicans who hear voices in their heads, and that's what's responsible for their annunciated policies. And, when their policies cause trouble for us, they turn around and complain about it.

No comments: