Monday, July 05, 2004

Can you hear Rice now?

I can hear Condoleezza Rice now:

"Dr. Rice, wasn't the President briefed on the fact that family members of Iraqi scientists reported that the program for WMD in Iraq had been abandoned?"

"Senator, there might have been a briefing on that, but it was old intelligence -- just a rehash of interviews with a few relatives."

"And what was the title of that briefing?"

"Senator, I think the title might have been: Program of Weapons of Mass Destruction Abandoned by Iraq, but I -- "

"And Dr. Rice, isn't it also true that you, for years, had an intimate relationship with former Astronaut Sally Ride, while you were provost at Stanford University?"

"-- No, wait Senator, I'd like to finish answering the first question. And I don't see what my personal life has to do with the subject of these hearings."

"Well Dr. Rice, as far as the Senate Intelligence Committee's view goes, it's nobody's business what anybody's sexual orientation is -- unless you're a celebrity, in which case it's dish! dish! dish!"



No comments: