Thursday, September 04, 2003

Hey Julius, welcome to 13 Dickinson! You're just in time; Bob and I were on the verge of name-calling and spitballs.

In fact, I think Bob has telegraphed his "No on recall, Yes on Bustamante" sympathies as well, at this point (am I wrong?). So a question for both of you: Do you buy Cruz's push on the "No on Recall" side of that equation? It all seems much too convenient for me. And after all, would the man really be running for office if he didn't want to win? And if his supporters are really that fond of him (because he is that much better than the other 134), why wouldn't they just throw in for his cause whole hog, and vote for the Recall too? If I were swayed by his personality, his achievements, or his campaign - which I am not, but bear with me - I can imagine "cheating" a bit at the ballot box to give my man the edge - by voting for Recall.

So in the end, I am curious how many of the "Yes on Bustamante" supporters will end up as "Yes on Recall" as well. It is, I think, the critical danger for Davis and the Democrats come October 7 - if Gray is to win, he will need every No on Recall that he can get.

No comments: