Wednesday, January 26, 2005

YOU'RE OLD! GET IT?!?

Here is yet another example of GW acting very unpresidential-like. Making a joke at the expense of a reporter, of senior citizens, altzheimer sufferers, etc. Basically, it reads: Bush: "You're acting old, get it? You can't remember anything like an old person, YOU'RE OLD!!, GET IT? OLD PEOPLE CAN'T remember...AHHAHAHAHAHA. Next question."

President Holds Press Conference: "Q I seem to remember a time in Texas on another problem, taxes, where you tried to get out in front and tell people it's not a crisis now, it's going to be a crisis down the line -- you went down in flames on that one. Why --

THE PRESIDENT: Actually, I -- if I might. (Laughter.) I don't think a billion-dollar tax relief that permanently reduced property taxes on senior citizens was 'flames,' but since you weren't a senior citizen, perhaps that's your definition of 'flames.'

Q I never got my billion --

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. Because you're not a senior citizen yet. Acting like one, however. Go ahead. (Laughter.)"

1 comment:

Steve said...

I guess you had a "senior" moment. Your comments are ironic ;)