Friday, August 29, 2003

Obligatory disclaimer: Not that I want to be the Schwarzenegger apologist on this blog...

But: look at this WP article, summarizing Ahnold's reaction to the outing of his Oui interview.

I never lived my life to be a politician. I never lived my life to be the governor of California. Obviously, I've made statements that were ludicrous and crazy and outrageous and all those things, because that's the way I always was.

Straightforward, honest. Does anyone really think this (or similar dirt) is going to hurt him? (And if you do, scroll down to the end of the article and observe at least one of his opponents refusing to make a greater issue of it.)

Robin's petty left-wing peeves are not going to sink him, either. Complaining about his Hummer? Come on, that's so Arianna of you. Internally inconsistent on abortion? So are most voters.

No comments: